The Set Up
- Set up your fabric near a window. This will give you the best natural lighting.
Collect Your Favourite Pieces
- Pick your favourite outfit from your wardrobe. It can be an old favourite that you want to try re-style or something new that you are dying to wear out.
- Grab your favourite accessories.
- And some props to match.
Selecting a Magazine Page
- The colours of your outfit will set the tone for the magazine or book page.
- Try to stick within the colour palette so the images compliment the outfit.
- Place the biggest items down first. This will usually be the clothes and the book. These items can overlap.
- NOTE: the clothes don’t have to be perfectly flat and smooth. You can give them some shape and movement by scrunching them up a bit.
- Take a test shot so you can see how the items fit in the frame. This way you will be able to see where the big gaps are.
Fill the Gaps
- Once you have identified the gaps in the photo you can start to fill them with your props and accessories.
- Keep in mind that the objects in the photo should try and balance each other out.
- If something doesn’t feel right, try it in a new spot.
- Try one option with everything parallel and one with everything overlapping at different angles.
- Once you are happy with your placement of everything…SNAP AWAY!
- Try some different angles and crops so you have different options to choose from.
Select and Edit
- Select your favourite images and edit them through your favourite editing app, (we will give you a sneak peek into our editing process soon, so stay tuned).
- Once you are happy with the picture, think of a cute or witty caption (when in doubt go with your favourite emojis).
- And POST!