15 Feb 2018
Hallenstein Glassons Holdings Ltd are working towards a net-zero carbon emissions reduction target by 2050.
All employees can help protect the environment by following the guidelines below:
- Use goods which stop waste being generated.
- Reduce waste by choosing products that have minimal packaging and can be used productively and then recycled.
- Hallensteins instore bags are made of 100% bio degradable materials
- Re-use containers and packaging, wherever possible.
- At end of life cycle - all Glassons store fixtures are onsold to a manufacturer for repurposing
- Unwearable items (i.e faulty goods) are sent to charity where they are repurposed into rags, insulation or woollen blankets for India.
- Recycle waste material, wherever possible.
- Recycle 99% of card in all of our Distribution Centres
- Recycle 99% of polybags in all of our Distribution Centres
- Recycle 99% of card in all of our retail stores
- Glassons donate all development samples to Charity
- Dispose of the waste safely.
- Use Biodegradable plastics where possible
Some guidance on how to support the above policy are as follows:
Strategies to be considered by the Board and Senior Management
- Always consider sustainability issues when making planning and management decisions.
- Promote and encourage environmental awareness to ensure employees are aware of their environmental responsibilities.
- Ensure our suppliers have a suitable environmental and waste management policy in place.
- Search for environmentally-friendly products.
- Choose products with less packaging.
- Choose products with recyclable or reusable packaging.
- Re-use packaging if possible.
- Buy quality goods that will last.
- Buy recycled goods which have already saved resources and raw materials, and help reduce the overall quantity of waste.
- Buy and use paper from responsible or recycled sources
- Make double-sided copies when printing and photocopying, wherever possible.
- Use the blank side of used paper for notepaper before recycling.
- Re-use envelopes for internal mail.
- Place the following in recycle bins, depending on recycling facilities available.
- Follow the guidelines for the disposal of these materials to minimise the impact on the environment.
- Use these strategies to minimise energy wastage:
- Close blinds or curtains to minimise heat build-up, where possible.
- Maintain only security lighting after business hours.
- Switch off equipment overnight wherever possible.
- Repair malfunctioning utilities (e.g. leaking taps) as soon as possible.
- Glassons – All new store fit outs have LED lighting to reduce energy usage.
15 Feb 2018